Aprox Population: 20
In the mid-19th century, Métis families from St. Norbert, St. Vital and St. Adolphe first settled in La Rochelle, located in southeast Manitoba between St. Pierre-Jolys and St. Malo on the shores of the Rat River. Other French-Canadian and Ukrainian families followed.
A butter factory was built here in 1890, and the local dairy industry flourished. The town also produced condensed milk, a large quantity of which was shipped to Alaska during the Klondike Gold Rush!